Friday, January 30, 2009

Tikal

I woke up yesterday morning at 330. i always set the alarm for an odd time so i actually set it for 327. I hit snooze once but ended up rising before it went off again. I was catching the shuttle to Tikal at 4am so that I could be inside the ruins by sunrise.

I got there and the air was humid but you could smell the rainforest rich with pulsing life. As I was walking to temple 4 which is the highest in all of tikal you could hear the forrest waking up to greet the sun, the monkeys were swinging from the trees, you could hear the calls of so many different birds, woodpeckers hunting for their morning meal. It was quite an experience once I got to the top of temple 4 and you could see the rest of the temples peeking out from under their green umbrella. it was rather hazy so you couldnt really see the sun rise as I had hoped but you could see the rays of the sun stretching out through the looming grey. It was quite an incredible experience. It was very reckoning and humbling all at the same time.

I really believe that this trip is helping to aid my ability to see things clearly. to open my insight and to listen to my heart rather then the fear that paralyzes my brain.... we only live one life and taking chances isn't gambling as much as we think it is. it's all part of our internal evolution and although i have subscribed to this philosophy for quite some time i dont believe that it has ever come into fruition because of my over analytical nature as well as my inability to be vulnerable. When i say vulnerable I dont mean just in terms of relationships but in terms of accepting the fact that failure is a possibility and in that is sheer beauty. because without the option for failure then there would be nothing pushing us to try harder and learn more. anyway sorry for the rambles but i suppose since i havent been writing in my journal as much this sorta serves a dual purpose.

flores is intersting. I am ready to leave and am going to head back down south of coban. i'm in hunt of this small town about 2 hours south of coban that is suppose to be really neat. i have it written down but cant remember the name right now. There is apparently this hike about 12 km with epic waterfalls and fauna. I am pretty amped. I have been rather stir crazy after the ruins. I got back from the ruins yesterday about 3 pm and went for a swim but other then that there wasnt much to do. although the water was absolutly perfect. the best tempurture.

i am still getting eaten by these bugs i cant imagine when i get to brazil what i am going to look like. maybe a big giant map where people put pins in them with places they have traveled to. this map would be covered cause this individual is a traveling maniac!!! okay okay so i am exaggerating. whatever!!! hahahahaha

a few things i miss.....
besides the obvious like bacon.....
peanutbutter... they have it down here but it just doesnt taste the same.
brussel sprouts ...yah i know right ieeeew.... i would have thought that too until i came up with the best recepie for them ever.
hot showers with good water pressure.
my ipod. never again will i try to limit my music selection to 2 gigs.
my sleepy scarf. i brought a make shift one but it isn't the same.
candice's breakfast scrambles
driving with the windows down and the heat on home from work.
meaningful hugs..... those are different then the ones you give to people you have met traveling.
nightlit showers

of course there is more but those make the top of my list.....

I will write in a few days...

I hope you all are enjoying your days...

i send all my hugs.

2 comments:

  1. this doesn't sound like your voice. i think maybe the bugs are getting to you.
    and i told you that 2 gigs wasn't enough!!!!
    but its okay. listen to your environment. it will be more impressive and important than anything on your playlists.

    3 old wise women. a birdie told me.

    te amo esposa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you been able to get a dark beer yet?

    ReplyDelete